Architectural Surfaces Group (ASG), parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble and Pental Surfaces, has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in over twenty locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for smart, dedicated professionals to strengthen our team. We offer career opportunities that provide a unique career experience depending on your skills, career objectives, and preferred work experience. At ASG you'll find a close-knit team and a collaborative, supportive environment that keeps projects running smoothly and customers happy. If you're ready to join a top-notch team, we'd like to hear from you. ASG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for performance of all warehouse operation functions, including but not limited to material handling, receiving, shipping, cleaning, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Safely operate forklift, hoists and crane, adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Accurately process incoming orders
- Load and unload material onto trucks safely and accurately
- Stage material for both customer viewing and to load trucks
- Inspect, count, and verify all materials/products received against paperwork documentation prior to unloading trucks/containers. Note any discrepancies on paperwork.
- Sign off on all orders and obtain cross-check with co-workers/supervisor
- Safely secure all slabs when loading/unloading truck
- Tag and identify material when needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including cutting pallets and placing in dumpsters
- Responsible for quality control. Inspect material when loading trucks to ensure customer satisfaction and to also ensure container material to be in satisfactory condition when unloading containers.
- Follow and adhere to all Company safety policies and standard operating procedures, including utilizing required PPE.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- An ability to read, analyze, and interpret important instructions, guidelines, and/or communications and respond accordingly.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of warehouse experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive wage; commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package include medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401(k), vacation, sick time and 8 paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.