You are a leader. You take charge of the current situation and provide a solution. You enjoy rising to meet challenges and have been called independent and proactive. You connect easily with others and strive to be the kind of leader who both inspires and challenges your team while raising the bar for your organization.
Are you our next Vice President of Property Accounting?
This position encompasses all the duties necessary to effectively manage the activities of the property accounting staff to ensure accurate and timely financial reports and to ensure that all deadlines are met. You have a sharp eye for details and an obsession with accuracy and timeliness.
Our Accounting Managers are:
Humble. You don't feel a need to take charge.
Matter of fact. You respectfully speak the truth.
Efficient. You use and schedule time effectively to meet deadlines.
Precise. You work best when given clear definitions of rules and regulations and you provide the same for others.
Why Coast Property Management is the company for you!
We are continuing to expand and innovate as one of the top 5 largest property management companies in the Pacific Northwest. Coast Property Management has been named one of Washington's Best Places to Work and our award-winning culture and mission of helping people live the best life possible sets us apart.
Our employees love our family atmosphere, team mentality, and the many perks of being a Coast employee. At Coast, we're committed to each of our associates' health, wealth, and overall well-being which is why we've made available a comprehensive benefits package that includes a choice of 3 different medical plans as well as access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and a 401K.
What you'll be doing as a Vice President of Property Accounting:
- Supervise and oversee financial statement reporting for all Coast managed properties, including its general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventories and other accruals, payroll journal, and general journal using generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Oversee monthly cash projection reports.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures for property accounting.
- Review, develop and maintain internal control policies
- Monitor accounting office daily activities and ensure that Coast Company policies are followed.
- Provide effective training and motivation to property accounting staff. Assist in assigning new properties and all accounting staff duties to accounting staff.
- Take responsibility for hiring, providing timely performance evaluations for accounting staff and terminating employees as necessary.
- Deliver timely performance evaluations and coach for improvement when necessary
- Develop and measure performance KPIs.
- Give support to accounting managers where needed.
- Ensure efficiencies and organization in the accounting department.
- Act as accounting point person on behalf of V.P's, RM, and clients.
- Oversee current computer accounting systems and ensure that they are running correctly.
- Track property financial statements and other reports to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Develop a clear understanding of affordable housing rules and ensure timely reporting and payments to all necessary agencies.
- Develop a clear understanding of the computer systems as well as the Coast accounting methods with regard to property management accounting.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the CEO, COO, Executive V.P, and other V.P.'s in the organization and keep them apprised of weekly accounting department operations.
- Perform routine bank transfers, wires, ACH requests, fraud tracking, and accounting investigations.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Lead accounting team through system migrations.
- At least 7 years of supervisory/management experience in the multi-family real estate industry.
Are you qualified? (We hope so!)
This position carries supervisory responsibilities.
Full management responsibilities for all property accounting staff.
- CPA preferred.
- Affordable housing knowledge preferred
- Experience with YARDI is preferred
- Ability to determine, facilitate accounting projects;
- Highly organized; flexible; strong attention to detail;
- Excellent time and change management skills; good multi-tasking abilities;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent people management skills;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Strong assessment/ reasoning skills; independent decision-maker;
- Expert-level knowledge of computer software, including all MS OFFICE applications
- Bending is required for file management.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds
- Must have a working vehicle and be able to drive.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Experience in GAAP financial reporting and management dealing with a high volume of transactions. Must have managed budgets, employees established working goals and objectives with excellent decision-making skills.
- Minimum 7 years of Full Charge Bookkeeping and management experience.
- BS in Accounting preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS (reading, writing, typing, etc.)
Responsible for communicating monthly property financial reporting with Management staff. Communicates all efforts with company senior management and maintains open lines of communication with banks, executive leadership team, auditors and outside clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS (if applicable)
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Must be knowledgeable of generally accepted accounting practices.
REASONING ABILITIES -
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
How to become our newest Vice President of Property Accounting:
Apply here online and we'll reach out to you!
Hours, Pay, & Location:
On-site: 2829 Rucker Ave, Everett, WA 98201
Pay: DOE + Benefits & 401K
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Coast Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.