- Read traveler, blue prints or follow instruction to ascertain set up and equipment required.
- Checks in-coming and out-going materials for quality and quantity. Prepare necessary documentation as required.
- Performs resistance spot welds on a diversified line of parts and fixtures according to safe operating procedures.
- Monitor and verify the quality and quantity of work performed.
- Document and report findings of any inconsistencies or discrepancies.
Select and set up proper tips, welding rods, holders and jigs, regulates current, pressure and time specified to produce weld of proper fusion and strength.
- Participate and produce methods improvement ideas continually.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment by keeping the work area clean, materials positioned correctly and following safe operating procedures.
- Handle magnesium welding and use of special fire extinguisher for emergencies.
- Work with aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, inconel, Greek Ascoloy and light gage material.
- Certifications in aluminum, stainless steel, Inconel and other exotic and light gage material (D17-1) is a plus
- Must read blue prints and routers.
- Effectively communicate in English; written, reading, and verbal skills.
- Flexible, eager to learn and willing to be crossed trained.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma and/or GED.
Exposed to manufacturing/machine shop/Aviation environments.
Precision measuring instruments, CMM, hydraulic and/or mechanical manufacturing equipment, various types of grinders, sanders, mills, lathes, hand air tools, miscellaneous measuring equipment, personal safety devices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds, frequently slide and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.