We are looking for the energetic take charge strategic mind of a structural engineer, someone who wants to make a difference. Our clients and projects are diverse with plenty of interesting challenges that need your help. Our company has a lot going on and we're setting a new standard for how engineering firms do business. We need an engineer who is ready to jump in head first.
Who are we?
First, you need to decide whether you would want to work in this environment. The job doesn't matter if the company is not a place you want to work.
DL Engineering Inc.
Established in 2013, we are a full-service engineering services and consulting firm in Lakewood Colorado. Our team provides structural engineering services to architects, general contractors, homeowners, and developers. Our services include observations for structural integrity of residential homes and foundations; development of construction documentation for residential remodeling, repair and new construction for buildings of all sizes.
- We believe clients deserve quality engineering solutions in a timely manner
- We serve our clients because we are passionate about buildings
- We believe engineers have the highest responsibility to serve others with honesty and integrity
- We believe life is too short to work with jerks, so we don't and won't
- We obsess about identifying the right solution for any given problem through engineering
- We believe in building our team of Stakeholders, people who can think and act for themselves in the best interest of others
- We believe in people who go out of their way to do the right thing, when no one else is watching.
- We believe in RESULTS.
Our team is made of Stakeholders who are individuals committed to their craft, not employees who punch clocks. Everyone at DL Engineering is a Stakeholder who works hard, collaborates with other Stakeholders and clients, and proactively responds to the needs of others. We believe in working together as a committed community to get results for each other and our clients. Our team includes six professional engineers who are licensed in Colorado, California, and Wyoming as well as four EITs.
Who are you?
If you like working in a fluid, fast paced, growing organization that is small, yet growing into a leader in the structural and forensic engineering field; and if you enjoy helping us figure out how to get there, we could be a good fit. If you are looking for a consistent set of clear repetitive tasks to perform and be told how to perform your work, please do not apply - we don't see work the same way.
If you enjoy meaningful work, the opportunity to further developing your craft, and collaboratively working with other Stakeholders and clients with the authority to proactively drive results, we might be a good fit.
The ideal candidate loves to serve others. This position is for someone who wants to leverage their talents, skills, and knowledge as well as actively seek out the talents, skills, and knowledge of others unselfishly for the overall success of the project.
You are a fit if:
- You are looking for a company where you will make a significant impact for a very long time as an important and equal team member, not as a simple worker .
- You have a drive to serve others,
- You are highly proactive and highly detail orientated.
- You have a solid grasp of English and writing
- You have a civil engineering or related degree and EIT certification
- You have a strong understanding of load paths in structures, timber, steel, concrete, and lateral design. You're familiar with International Residential Code (IRC) and International Building Code (IBC)
- You enjoy meaningful work, focus on the RESULTS, are self-motivated and detailed, and if
- You enjoy helping us all figure out how to be the best engineering firm around, then
We could be a good fit for each other. You MUST be highly proactive and assert yourself as an equal team member with everyone else that you support on your team. We need you to be a self-managed adult who will TELL US what needs to happen. We have no room for followers - we all lead from our areas of expertise, and we want that from you as well. The ideal candidate loves to serve others and make OTHERS successful - this is what leaders do, and people deeply respect them for that serving/leading approach to life.
What will you do?
- Live out our Vision statement - Support others by being your best self . You don't just work here, you get out of bed and come to the office because you want to support others by offering your craft to help move projects and clients forward.
- Live out our Mission statement - Provide quality engineering support in a responsive, economical manner that best supports our clients. Unfortunately, too many engineering businesses are unresponsive to their client's needs. Your interactions with them, will remind our clients that they come first and their needs are important to us.
- Be an Engineer - Support clients by creating structural drawings and designs using AutoCAD LT for residential and commercial foundation plans, framing plans, sections and details. Be familiar with timber, steel, concrete member sizing and lateral system design. Perform job site observations and inspections. Draft reports documenting observations made during site visits.
- Be a client advocate - Support clients as they define the scope of their project and educate them on how you can support them.
- You will take the time to focus on the details yet balance it with the need to maximize efficiencies in order to complete work quickly. We want you to proactively look around and see how you can make things better.
- You will be an integral part of the DL Engineering community and our business, will attend our regular team meetings for planning and strategy, and will be expected to chime right in as if you owned the place.
How to apply
For now, just email us answers to the following questions in your cover letter.
- How is this position a fit for you, and what would you get out of working in the environment described here?
- What motivates you to do your work?
- What are the three biggest strengths you could bring to us?
- Where do you want to go with your life (career is a part of life, not separate)?