IMS, Inc. is a nationally recognized integrated service provider of print, mail, and electronic delivery services. Founded in 1986, as a pioneer in the presort mail industry, we have expanded our operations, and transformed into one of the most recognized names in transactional document delivery.
At IMS, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and exceeding their needs. We are able to do this by employing talented individuals with a solid work ethic, who are team players, and have a strong desire to get the job done right. We offer competitive wages and comprehensive benefits, business casual work environment, 401K w/ company match, and much more!
We are looking for an organized and driven Software Developer to join a long-established and rapidly growing company in the Syracuse area. This Full-time position is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded individual who wants to grow within an organization. The purpose of this position is programming automation software and developing custom applications for automating the flow of data. Fixes production issues legacy software products. Manages the rollout of new software packages.
- Processes files for projects in the production environment including processing BCC files.
- Manages conversion from MailShop to Midnight.
- Works with sub-contractors to facilitate their work; provides documents and information.
- Develops custom programs for processing client data.
- Sets up clients with FTP accounts and troubleshoots connection issues.
- Working together with Quality Assurance team to assess product problems and brainstorm solutions.
- Reviewing business requirements documents to ensure all details needed for testing have been provided.
- Creating quality measurements to track improvement in products.
- Writing test plans that minimize risk of mistakes in production.
- Estimating time involved in assuring each product's quality.
- Executing quality improvement testing and activities.
- Applying technical skills related to the product being tested (knowledge of programming languages to software QA, for example).
- Conforming to regulations and standards when it comes to testing and quality assurance.
- Revising testing plans based on changes made during testing.
- Investigating causes of defects that occur during the testing phase.
- Communicating with other departments (Development, Project Management, Print, Insert) to coordinate scheduling for QA testing.
- Meeting project deadlines.
- Continually looking for ways to improve the testing processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities)
- BS degree in computer science or related field required.
- 1-3 years prior relevant experience is required.
- Must be able to follow directions carefully; have strong attention to detail and be able to multi-task while making deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills to include the ability to debug software, write SQL queries; and analyze client data.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work effectively on a team and be able to work independently. Must demonstrate flexibility.
- Must be able to use a computer, printer, photocopier, scanner, telephone.
- Basic personal computer skills that include the ability to send/receive email messages, post information to a database or spreadsheet, and perform basic word processing, bookkeeping, and/or data entry; ability to create spreadsheets, graphics, and reports using standard software applications; basic or intermediate programming is required. Proficient in Microsoft outlook, Word and Excel; Access; Adobe; Knowledge of OpCon; Microsoft Visual Studio; Powershell preferred.
- The Software Developer does not supervise staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is:
- Regularly required to sit.
- Frequently required to hear and use repetitive motion of hands or wrists;
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and talk; finger, grasp, handle or feel.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds;
- Works inside where there is heat and protection from weather conditions.
- Weekend work is regularly required at month and quarter end. Some holiday, overtime, and on-call work may be required.
EOE/AA Employer VETS/DISABLED/M-F