Sample Administration Supervisor
Occupations that fit well with this position are inventory and logistics. The job is performed in an office environment. This position is to perform all data entry processes needed or required to facilitate the accurate receiving of all samples submitted for testing as well as required supplies. The Receiver maintains control of all freight to ensure proper receipt, distribution, and any required accounting. Additionally, the Receiver may perform other duties requested by the Sample Administration Supervisor. Minimal to moderate supervision is required.
- Receives, unpacks, identifies, and distributes pharmaceutical samples sent to ARL Bio Pharma for testing by pharmacists and manufacturing companies. Inspect sample's condition as they are unpacked and distributed appropriately for login utilizing LIMS. Exercises caution through proper handling procedures of samples including containers, specimens, and chain of custody when appropriate.
- The Receiver is responsible for resolving any discrepancies by contacting the appropriate department during the receiving process documenting the events properly.
- Organizes, scans, and saves documents submitted by client. Often provides client services upon request.
- Receiving and delivering supplies to the appropriate department; sort POs and received dock deliveries. Log in standards/reagents, SDS scanning and file maintenance.
- Adherence to all ARL Bio Pharma safety standards, policies, procedures, and protocols
- Maintain positive professional relationships with all departmental personnel and clients when providing information or investigating problematic samples.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer Orientation.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Attendance at the office is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a safety sensitive position as defined by state and federal laws that will require working with hazardous materials and/or handling medicine. As a "safety sensitive" classification, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing, lifting and walking is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Ability to have full body movement.
- Must have vision and hearing corrected to meet minimum acceptable norms.
- Ability to wear, maintain, and properly use appropriate safety equipment, including, but not limited to eye protection, gloves, and lab coat
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours are rotating shifts -Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and/or Tuesday - Friday 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
No travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma with some college course work.
- Data entry experience required.
- Basic ability to understand Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and other computer systems.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 0-2 years of experience in related field/occupation.
ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Improper interference with the ability of ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.