EUREKA MULTI-FAMILY GROUP does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Eureka Multifamily Group is currently seeking a Property Manager for our Lucero property located in Austin, TX. Must have extensive knowledge with project and tenant based section 8 and tax credit. In depth knowledge of One Site Leasing and rents. Must have COS and TCS certifications. As the Property Manger you will be responsible for managing the daily operations and achieving the financial goals of the property. The Affordable Community Manager oversees personnel, working wait list and leasing, collections, resident retention and customer service, community maintenance, contracted services, administration and reporting, community safety and legal compliance with budgeted parameters. The Affordable Community Manager reports directly to the Regional Property Manager. The Affordable Community Manager directly supervises the Maintenance Supervisor, Assistant Manager and Leasing staff and oversees the maintenance staff. The Affordable Community Manager always projects professionalism and self-confidence when interacting and communication with subordinates, coworkers, superiors, and property owners.
Essential Job Functions:
COMPLIANCE & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Ensure that property records are accurately maintained (lease and general files) and ensure that all lease files are maintained in a secured area and located behind two locked doors for security.
- Complete all required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inspect property regularly to ensure that it is well maintained and has good curb appeal.
- Supervise outside contractors working on the property.
- Distribute petty cash funds and request reimbursement not to exceed amount determined by supervisor.
- Process purchase orders as goods and services are ordered on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that apartments are cleaned and made-ready after move-outs.
- Review prior year Management and Occupancy Report to ensure deficiencies have been corrected on HUD governed properties.
- Lease to households that meet the assigned property's income restrictions, rental criteria and when applicable HUD guidelines.
- Ensure that all application paperwork is completed and complies with the requirements of the project's Program(s). All files require manager signature.
- Review and update as necessary the Unit Status Report in comparison to tenant lease files to ensure information accuracy.
- Oversee and maintain all new lease and lease renewal practices according to HUD/CA/TC guidelines inclusive of the certification and verification process; Process annual recertification and tenant notification documentation at 120, 90, and 60-day increments; Process interims as required if assigned to a HUD governed property.
- Ensure property maintains its applicable fractions and set aside requirements identified in the property LURA if assigned to a Tax Credit property.
- Perform supportive service as outlined in the property's LURA and maintain proper documentation; Assist as needed with the planning and implementation of social services programs. Programs should be coordinated with the Social Service Provider. Maintain Supportive Service Binder.
- Assist the Regional Property Manager in audit preparations and ensure on-site compliance on all corrections.
- Handle recordkeeping and reporting responsibilities in accordance with HUD/TC/ADHP/HOME/Bond regulations
- Handle notices, legal filings and evictions as required by HUD/TC/ADHP/HOME/Bond regulations.
- Oversee and audit transmission of paperwork for the completion of vouchers for subsidy if assigned to a HUD governed property.
- Maintain all resident files per HUD/TC/ADHP/HOME/Bond guidelines.
- Oversee REAC/UPCS inspections including preparation for and corrections to deficiencies noted on findings report.
- Maintain waiting and transfer lists per HUD/CA/TC guidelines.
- Prepare for, respond to and oversee corrections needed to meet requirements of all Management Reviews if assigned to a HUD governed property.
- Forecast needs for fiscal year and develop budget based on these needs.
- Obtain supervisor's approval on final budget and any subsequent changes to budget.
- Implement budget keeping expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- Review, approve and process all applicable purchases and purchase orders.
- Review monthly income and expense reports and report on any variance from budget.
- Collect rents and institute proper procedures against delinquent accounts.
- Initiate eviction procedures for those residents who fail to pay rent.
- Maintain accurate records of rent collections.
- Make daily bank deposits.
- Collect security deposits from residents and record date and time of collection.
- Calculate any escalation to be charged to residents or any other charges that are designated in the lease.
- Recruit and hire an effective and qualified staff.
- Ensure that staff receives and completes all required company training requirements within the specified time frame and is following all company policies and procedures.
- Clarify expectations and establish goals for staff.
- Evaluate staff performance and give feedback regularly.
- Recognize superior performance and correct inferior performance.
- Achieve cooperation among staff and other departments while building trust and loyalty to the company.
- Work towards developing staff for upward mobility within the company.
- Collect, approve and forward timesheets on time each pay period.
- Ensures that lease files are complete and that all lease related documents are executed properly in accordance with their program requirements (HUD, LIHTC, Mod-Rehab, etc.)
- Attends scheduled corporate management meetings.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a quarterly basis.
- Submits required reports to VP as scheduled.
- Updates Capital Project report monthly.
- Ensure that residents are happy and satisfied as indicated by a high level of renewals and few complaints.
- Regularly seek to understand and anticipate what residents need.
- Inspect property two - three times per week including periodic visits to all residents.
- Assist new residents moving in by notifying them of community procedures, parking, hours, night access, mail, etc.
- Ensure that residents are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained home.
- Complete quarterly unit inspections to identify, report, and prevent REAC/UPSC deficiencies.
- Properly coordinate the administration of supportive services with the Social Service Provider to ensure resident support.
- Maintain work orders on all maintenance requests and respond to those requests within 24 hours.
- Ensures each property is maintained to EMG standards.
- Physically walks and inspects each property at least twice per week.
- Reviews all Preventative Maintenance, Service Order, and Capital Reports with Maintenance Supervisor prior to submission to VP.
- Handle resident complaints and maintenance related-issues to avoid a Fair Housing Complaint.
- Ensure all physical deficiencies are corrected per violation / inspection notices so that subsidy may be reinstated or findings corrected.
- Achieve targeted occupancy levels for the property.
- Market the property and generate qualified traffic.
- Lease or help lease the property to prospective residents.
- Negotiate new leases and renewals per specifications of the property owner and property manager.
- Comply with standards for affirmative marketing, including proper completion and maintenance of the Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan (HUD 935.2).
- Market to agencies identified in the Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan as well as maintaining availability information with local housing authorities and commercial publications. Maintain AFHMP Binder.
- Ensure that all applications qualify in reference to the Tenant Selection Plan specific to the assigned property.
- Maintain a proper Wait List in accordance with HUD/State Monitoring Agency guidelines when applicable.
- Reports all liability and property incidents to the Regional Property Manager immediately.
- Complies with Safety guidelines outlined by Property Management.
- Strong knowledge of HUD policies as well as Project Based Section 8 rules and regulations for Project-Based Affordable Housing; Strong knowledge of Tax Credit/AHDP/HOME/Bond policies for Tax Credit/AHDP/HOME/Bond properties.
- Should have thorough and current knowledge of the most recent version of the 4350.
- Knowledge of HUD Secure Systems; TRACS, IMAX, EIV on a HUD governed property.
- Should have excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents, community staff and HUD administrator/State Monitoring Agency.
- Should possess a take charge personality with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines with little to no supervision and work well under pressure.
- Exceptional communication skills are a must to work closely with county officials and act as a liaison between the community and local government.
- Detail oriented and able to compose letters, memos, etc.
- Should possess strong organizational skills in addition to strong computer background and have general administrative experience, and be able to comply with policies and Procedures.
- Bookkeeping experience.
- Experience in both general marketing and affirmative marketing.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- At least 2 years of affordable housing property management experience overseeing a busy complex and staff that includes responsibility for financial and operational results, HUD/TC/AHDP/HOME/Bond administration and staff supervision to ensure compliance with site- specific Programs.
- Prefer COS certification on a HUD governed property.
- Certification as a resident manager.
- Ability to supervise a staff of 2 or more
- Associate's Degree or higher from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a supervisor capacity.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management sector. Or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Bilingual is a must for this location.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee normally works primarily in a temperature-controlled indoor environment but may occasionally work in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.