You are forward thinking, goal oriented and motivated. You embrace challenges and see obstacles as opportunities. You find fulfillment in keeping projects on track and on budget by using your collaboration and communication expertise. You are driven and nimble, while maintaining a structured approach to program and project implementation.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Project Manager serves a critical role within our Project Management Office. This role is responsible for leading teams to deliver projects that span cross-functional business teams, managing resources, schedules and budgets while ensuring adherence to the PMO's standards and guidelines for project management and systems development delivery. This includes the management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The Associate Project Manager, PMO will also be accountable for contributing to process improvement initiatives as it relates to project delivery.
The role will work independently and be accountable for project implementations on a day-to-day basis. This includes ensuring that assigned projects produce the required deliverables of quality within the specified constraints of time, cost and/or resources while still achieving the stated business outcomes.
The Project Manager will possess a baseline understanding of cross-enterprise project implementations and be responsible for initiating and planning activities including requirements and specification elicitation. To be successful, this person must be incredibly organized and detail oriented, collaborative and a strong and clear communicator. The Project Manager must also be proactive, and results focused.
- Manages assigned projects that span one or more cross-functional teams; accountable for project implementation
- Demonstrates a functional acumen to support how solutions will address stakeholder needs while aligning to best practices; demonstrates effectiveness in scope planning and management and requirements elicitation and management.
- Prepares estimates and detailed project plans for all phases a project; manages the day to day project activities and resources. This requires strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Monitors, tracks and controls outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Develops and delivers scope overviews, status reports, project proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences including project teams, sponsors, senior leadership and key stakeholders.
- Provides detailed analysis of business needs to identify and document key requirements for technology systems and their success.
- Identifies and informs continuous improvement opportunities within the PMO and cross-organizationally to drive best practices and increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participates in and/or manages the execution of feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
- Supports the Director, Enterprise PMO in monthly enterprise portfolio status reporting process.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, information technology management, business, project management, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience managing technology related projects involving custom development or systems integration projects.
- 3-5 years of experience in a diverse business environment with demonstrated skills in supporting technology initiatives, project or program management, and systems design.
- 2-3 years' experience managing cross-functional, large platform implementation programs or projects
- Experience working in a structured PMO a plus.
- Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) required.
- Experience in a rapidly changing environment and ability to adapt to change while still maintaining a structured approach to program and project implementation.
- Experience managing all aspects of project delivery, including business and technology.
- Strong familiarity with project management lifecycle (PMLC) methodology based upon Project Management Institute (PMI) standards.
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance processes and standards.
- Experience with technology platform project delivery working across multiple System Development Methodologies including waterfall, hybrid, agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles across various project implementation methodologies, particularly Hybrid agile.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and consultant resources.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process & deliverables
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas and concepts and build collaborative relationships while maintaining accountability.
- Excellent documentation and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Visio, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Experience creating business process, business requirements and specification level detail documentation.
- Experience using web-based collaboration tools, including SharePoint.
- Experience with enterprise systems that support strategic/critical organizational processes.
- Experience with organizational change management methodologies such as PROSCI or ACMP.
- Previous work experience with medical associations or not-for-profit organizations.
- Experience with MS Project Server and development management tools such as VSTS or JIRA to track and manage project team status
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter with salary expectations to be considered.
This position is based in Rosemont, Illinois and is open to applicants who are able to commute to this office.
AAOS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant(i) who is disabled or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request a reasonable accommodation. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law and public health guidance. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Exemptions from the vaccine policy may also be provided to fully remote positions that do not involve any business travel or in-person work activities.