You are self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and have a passion for educational design and orthopaedics. You continually demonstrate an exceptionally solution-oriented attitude. You are known for your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities with great autonomy and initiative. You enjoy working in a dynamic climate, while developing partnerships, both internally and externally in an organization. You have strong project management expertise, outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Your strategic mindset helps you to know the market, inform and deliver product, while always staying mindful of educational trends, models and industry standards.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
Primarily tasked with bringing new products to market, the Product Development Manager will oversee the evaluation, business planning, design, development, and launch of critical programs as identified by the content development plan, with support from the Learning & Practice Product Development Team. Under the guidance of Member Volunteers, Committees and supervisory staff, the Product Development Manager will plan and build out a strategic product roadmap based on market and content gap needs.
Leads internal team, vendors, freelance personnel to bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with vendors. Leverages expertise managing the user experience, growing digital engagement, and meeting revenue goals. Collaborates with marketing, communications, platform team, as well as content owners, authors and business partners to ensure effective product management and continuous improvement. The Product Development Manager will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new opportunities that enhance the value of AAOS membership and help drive the overall Learning & Practice product strategy. Identifies opportunities and threats to the online continuing education industry, communicates across Education team. Keeps current on adult learning principles, methodologies and evaluation processes. Supports Learning & Practice validation of eLearning courses against objectives and evaluation data, suggests improvements. Required to serve on a variety of ad hoc task forces/work groups. Contributes ideas to improve operational and strategic effectiveness. Uses organizational skills to manage complex personnel/projects, ensuring timely product delivery and cost- effectiveness. Works within budgets and schedules, with the flexibility to take on cross-functional responsibilities.
Works with staff, Learning & Practice team and subject matter experts/case developers to identify, analyze, evaluate and design and develop eLearning programs; Manages multiple product lines, responsible for budgeting of new programs, through multi-year financial analyses and business planning.
- Performs an objective analysis of a potential market opportunity to provide a basis for development.
- Summarizes market findings and quantifies the risk, including a financial model.
- Makes go/no-go recommendations based on data.
- Works with the learning designers and multimedia producers to develop a strategic three-year roadmap to illustrate product(s) vision and plan into the future.
- Manages proactive communications with relevant stakeholders from strategy through execution
- Provides relevant, timely and easily consumable updates to all internal and external audiences.
- Defines key metrics and goals related to project progress and success.
- Measures and reports on progress toward metrics and goals.
- Manages the Product Development staff, ensuring program design and course content delivers on learner expectations with an emphasis on problem/case-based learning and interactive educational methodologies.
- Ensures ACCME-compliant development and documentation protocols are followed
Works extensively with Learning & Practice Team, Content Committees, subject matter experts, external developers, and other vendors to create, or support the tactical development of:
- Treatments/charters/design documents.
- Rapid prototypes and subsequent testing.
- Production plans, including timelines and budgets
Works with marketing and communications to introduce product to the membership and provides content and creative input for program marketing and promotions.
- Defines specific launch goals and strategies.
- Develops launch plans and supporting documentation.
- Ensures cross-organizational readiness.
- Tracks and communicates launch status.
- Maintains knowledge of industry standards and breakthroughs applicable to the development of Academy programs and makes recommendations to supervisor regarding strategy and development.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
Up to 14 days per year
- 4-year degree in Education, Business, Instructional Design or similar experience.
- 5 years Program/Product management experience.
- 3+ years managing a deadline driven team of creatives
- 3+ years working with product marketing teams, driving digital and social campaigns
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible project management experience in online learning product development.
- Understands new media and educational technology.
- Excellent teamwork, organizational and time management skills.
- Innovative, highly motivated, and excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in writing, editing, proofreading, and fact-checking content.
- Experience working with medical or scientific professionals.
- Demonstrated interest in medical/scientific subjects
- Previous medical experience.
- Advanced study in Education, Instructional Design, or Instructional Technology.
- Experience applying Instructional Design principles in Adult Education.
- Experience in continuing medical education; familiar with ACCME requirements.
- Undergraduate degree in biological sciences and or 4 years' experience in medical program development.
- Experience with CrowdWisdom LMS.
- Experience with Articulate 360 Suite
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter with salary expectations to be considered.
This position is based in Rosemont, Illinois and is open to applicants who are able to relocate to commuting distance to that office.
AAOS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request a reasonable accommodation. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law and public health guidance. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Exemptions from the vaccine policy may also be provided to fully remote positions that do not involve any business travel or in-person work activities.