Ims, Inc. is seeking hard working, dedicated individuals with Direct Mail Print Room Operator experience to help our Direct Mail and Print Departments achieve Success. We are a growing and stable family owned company who has been in business for 34 years. If you feel you have this experience and you are looking for a company to grow with, we encourage you to apply.
The Printing Equipment Operator is responsible for setting up, operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining a variety of commercial printing and finishing equipment. That equipment includes cut sheet-fed toner printers, cut sheet and roll-fed inkjet printers, and roll-fed cutting/sheeting post processing technology. The Operator must perform test prints and QA checks on output, and make any adjustments needed to ensure that quality standards are met.
A strong attention to detail is a must. This position requires regular use of, and proficiency with, computers to move files, setup jobs, etc. This position entails regular physical activity to move and load stock, supplies, and finished product. Experience operating forklifts with roll-clamp attachments is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform all tasks necessary to setup, operate, and shutdown the equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning to keep the equipment running optimally.
- Perform regular quality checks to ensure that output meets company standards.
- Complete quality check paperwork when starting jobs, and obtain approval signoffs from management.
- Troubleshoot software and mechanical issues to keep the equipment operating at peak capacity.
- Monitor inventory of paper, ink, supplies, and other consumables.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and company data at all times.
- Will require the use of equipment specific operating systems and industry specific software. Such as: Solimar SPD/NT, RSA Queue Direct and Canon's Prisma product.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products and perform data entry as required.
- Complete any necessary paperwork e.g. Work orders, QA forms, maintenance forms, postal information, meter readings, and other production logs as directed by supervisor.
- Work in a team-oriented fashion to achieve company goals and maintain a professional, respectful relationship with other employees.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and weekends as needed
- Ability to thoroughly understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Ability to perform excellent communication skills within all levels of internal personnel
- Ability to meet deadlines in quick turnaround environment
- Ability to retain, apply, analyze, and synthesize information
- Ability to work independently with minimum amount of supervision
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task proficiently and effectively
- Ability to follow quality control, security and safety protocol and policies as required and instructed
- Demonstrated working knowledge and ability to communicate regarding safe lifting and carrying operations
- Ability to maintain organized and accessible files
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; talk; and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Print Room: 2 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Equal Opportunity Employment / Veteran / Disabled