You can make someone's day with a smile and genuine care. At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison, we are a team that strives every day to positively influence and care for everyone we come in contact with, take good care of ourselves, and take good care of our resources. We are passionate about our core values:
- Humility - Respecting others through a humble and modest attitude
- Integrity - Always doing what is right
- Team work - working together by each of us doing our part: working hard together and growing together.
- Excellence - What we do, we do well
At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison, our Operations Managers are a key ingredient to smooth day-to-day restaurant operations and a remarkable guest experience. This role is responsible for just that: ensuring we are consistently providing crave-able food and remarkable service to our guests from open to close.
This role spends 90%-100% of their time on the floor running a shift, managing the operations, and leading the team. Specific areas of oversight includes greeting guests and taking/entering orders, completing transactions, preparing beverages, assembling orders, hot and cold food production, working the line, dispatching and taking deliveries, food and ingredient preparation, cleaning and maintenance, resolving guest complaints, helping train new employees, and rigorously adhering to safety and quality standards.
- Help ensure smooth flowing operations throughout entire shift.
- Identify and resolve any bottlenecks, pain points, and other opportunities for growth.
- Plan, train, and develop team on a continual basis.
- Listen to team members, maintain and open door policy, and help develop everyone.
- Oversee budget and/or substantial line items of P&L to control costs, achieve specified profit margin, and eliminate waste/opportunity costs.
- Help support leadership and the Owner/Operator in developing the operational systems, structures, and processes as well as develop operational talent including all professionals and entry-level leadership.
- Collaborate with other leaders on identifying and building emerging leaders.
- Help build and lead a high performance team of A players including of at least shift supervisors, team leaders, hospitality professionals, etc.
- Support the people department in developing and implementing individualized training and development plans for all direct support positions.
- Help lead the implementation and development of upstream ordering, payment solutions, and order fulfillment.
- Engage with the entire team to help maintain Positive Employee Relations across the entire restaurant and maintaining a culture that engages directly with leadership.
- Help scale operational execution that scales with the Company's growth in volume and complexity - successfully manage respective aspect of implementation working in partnership with Talent and Marketing (example: scale production capacity through development of personnel to meet growth in outside sales or an increase in FOH capacity).
- Monitor key performance indicators for direct support positions - Create goals and track delivery against program objectives, lead improvement initiatives and encourage a culture of excellence, efficiency, innovation, and customer service.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with the local businesses, visitors, community, and government.
- Help implement cultures, mindsets, and systems to accomplish consistency in achieving strategic objectives and specific measures of success (Ex: lean production mindset to eliminate waste).
- Oversee Specialized area such as:
- Front of House
- Back of House
- Safety & Quality
- Learning & Development
- Catering & Delivery
Ideal candidates for Operations Manager role will have a high degree of personal effectiveness competencies including integrity, humility, learning and personal development capacity, reliability, professionalism, adaptability and flexibility, team player, strong work ethic, a sense of urgency, and a drive for excellence.
Key abilities required for this role and future success with Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison include: active listening, problem sensitivity, number facility, deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, information ordering, manual and finger dexterity, written expression, oral comprehension oral expression, speech recognition, information ordering, near vision, reading, service orientation.
Technology skills include use of ipads, applications, email, POS software, kitchen production system computer monitors, windows tablet, automated label printers, bluetooth thermometers, equipment control boards, HR software, inventory management software, MS office suite, google drive, spreadsheet software, time accounting software, calendar and scheduling software, accounting software, and more.
- Minimum of 1+ years directly related experience in a for-profit company.
- Minimum 1+ years' leadership experience managing a team of more than 20 people.
- Must demonstrate expertise in building and managing 3rd party relationships to support the development and delivery of operations.
- Strong project planning and management skills and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple business relationships.
- Experience leading talent development in a diverse organization is desired.
- This person must have or be willing to gain mastery of operations in a Chick-fil-A restaurant, remain highly engaged with the team, work on their feet all-day in a fast-paced setting, and be able to lift 40 - 60 pounds on a consistent basis.
- This person must have or be willing to engage in and gain, thorough hands-on approach, an understanding of operations in a Chick-fil-A restaurant and enjoy a manual labor and/or physical aspect of the operations.
- This person must also be willing to work unusual schedules (such as opening, closing, and working on Saturdays) on a regular basis. Must be willing to work 45-50 hours a week on a regular basis.
- Work Life Balance
- Generous hours and overtime pay for anything over 40 hours
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including HSA eligible plans
- Paid vacation
- Life insurance
- Short-Term disability insurance
- Transportation stipend
- Commuter tax benefit
- College Scholarships
- Employee discount
- Free meal every shift
- Sundays Off
- Christmas and Thanksgiving Off
- Personal and professional development and growth opportunities.