Hi from Atlantic Healthcare Products.
Are you ready to join a dynamic team as a Delivery Driver? We are seeking teammates to deliver to our local customers by joining our delivery team. Someone with a good driving record who understands the importance of achieving our customer's expectations and loves helping others.
Most of your deliveries originate through our retail stores and include walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, or a variety of other medical and mobility solutions. This job can get physical with the delivery of some heavier and bulkier items such as hospital beds and lift recliners. That's why the proper use of the delivery equipment is very important. The understanding and use of basic hand tools is a plus.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, let's talk! We are seeking someone who can contribute to our overall goal of exceeding our customer's expectations.
Who we are:
Atlantic Healthcare Products & Medical Supply - The Hardware Store for the Human Body ®.
What we do:
Our business is centered around exceeding our customers' expectations while fulfilling their healthcare and medical equipment needs. Our product categories range from walkers, wheelchairs, mobility scooters, power wheelchairs, Bathroom Safety products, orthopedic braces and supports, Compression Stockings, ADLs, lift chairs, pool & vehicle lifts, ramps, and much more.
We seek a career-minded, outgoing personality with positive energy which has initiative, drive, and dedication. Someone willing to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. We are willing to train, but you need to learn and grasp new concepts easily.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assists when necessary to pull equipment and supplies from the warehouse as prescribed on the patient order ticket.
- Loads the equipment and supplies onto a delivery vehicle when necessary.
- Determines or obtains the best delivery route, then drives vehicles on that route to deliver equipment and supplies ordered promptly.
- Provides patient orientation, instructing on the proper use of equipment.
- Picks up rental equipment as directed.
- Returns and offloads returned rental equipment at the warehouse facility.
- Completes delivery and pick-up paperwork and supporting documents promptly and accurately, returning said paperwork to appropriate personnel.
- Attends all required training on an annual basis and displays the necessary level of competency in these areas prescribed as mandatory in-services.
- Maintains a neat, clean, personal appearance and reports to work each day in uniform.
- Promotes teamwork among co-workers, which includes assisting fellow drivers as needed.
- Works on-call rotating schedule on a pre-determined basis.
- Performs warehouse and or office tasks and duties as required.
- FST Tier 2 Growth Opportunity: Works with patients to solve various problems, thereby acting as a company field representative, which includes troubleshooting, servicing, evaluating equipment for repairs, and repairing certain equipment falling into a specific scope of service for delivery technicians.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Valid Florida State driver's license in good standing without any suspensions
- Computer & Smart Phone Literate
- Good organizational and map reading skills.
- Responsible and cooperative attitude with sensitivity to patient conditions
- Handy w/ Mechanical/technical repair skills(plus)
- Must be able to pass a background, drug test, and FBI Fingerprinting required by ACHA
Hours & Compensation:
Type: PT or FT Hourly
Hourly Pay Range: $14-$18/hour, plus incentives
Hours: 40+ available. Our Business Hours M-F 9-5, occasionally to 7 pm with a rotating Saturday 10-3 pm
- Ability to lift and transport up to100 lbs with a hand truck or furniture dolly
- Ability to sit and drive a delivery vehicle for part of the day
- Ability to Bend, Stand, move inventory in a warehouse and even Climb the ladder.