This position has a tentative start date of May 2022.
The Life Properties is growing! We are adding a Maintenance Technician I to our team! Under the general direction of management, the Maintenance Tech I will be responsible for performing corrective, preventative, routine, and emergency maintenance/repairs, as well as, make-readies and cosmetic repairs on apartment units/complexes.
Who are we? The Life Properties is a privately-owned, fully integrated real estate operating company focused on acquiring, renovating, and managing multi-family investment properties nationwide. We manage a diverse housing portfolio of over 9,000 apartment homes across the United States. We focus on providing an elevated level of customer service and perform a remarkable transformation of properties to create thriving communities for our residents. We are the property management arm of Olive Tree Holdings, a growing real estate investment firm focused on investments in C & B class value-add multifamily properties in growing markets in the Southern US. Olive Tree executes a value-add strategy to renovate the asset and improve the quality of on-site staff, thereby driving significant NOI growth for the asset. The Life Properties then takes over the acquisition and focuses on site management at each location.
What do we offer? Competitive compensation package with a variety of benefit options. A great group of people that believe in working together for the greater good and having fun while doing it! A team that supports your personal and professional growth and is willing to make investment to help you achieve your long-term goals.
What your day to day will look like:
- Performs all maintenance requests/work orders for occupied apartment units and are completed in a timely manner and according to The Life Property standards.
- Escalates more complex and labor-intensive work to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Performs necessary repairs/replacements to vacant apartment units to get ready for occupancy.
- Examines and diagnoses problems with heating, ventilation and air conditioning units for property facilities. Determines the best method to repair or replace all or part of the unit.
- Performs minor electrical and plumbing repairs, painting, sheetrock repairs; notifies manager when a licensed professional is needed.
- Repairs and replaces kitchen appliances; notifies manager of more advanced or severe repairs.
- May perform swimming pool maintenance and/or landscape projects to ensure property aesthetics meet or exceed standards.
- Inspects and monitors the physical condition of the property and notifies management of repairs, safety hazards, replacements, etc.
- Keeps maintenance shop clean and well organized.
- Performs assigned routine preventative maintenance in accordance with The Life Properties' preventative maintenance policy.
- Works on-call and responds to emergencies as needed
What you will need to succeed:
- High school diploma/GED; Associates degree preferred
- 1+ years of multi-family maintenance experience required
- EPA Type II or Universal and/or Pool Certification required at hire or within 90 days of hire
- Valid drivers license
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Experience working with hand tools and knowledge of safety rules
- Understanding of OSHA laws and regulations
- Top notch customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
- Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
- While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.