At Mora Italiano, we celebrate the best things that life has to offer; honest food, good wine, great design and of course, romance! Our beautiful restaurant was inspired by the bustling streets, striking fashion, and societal liberation that was emerging in Italy during the 60s and 70s. The rooftop and interiors are light-filled, relaxed and elegant, with an artfully curated mix of furnishings, making it the perfect spot to settle in for an intimate evening.
With Executive Chef Mindy Oh leading our kitchen, and our certified Wine Director Fernando Trivisonno conceptualizing and curating the wine list, Mora Italiano brings cutting edge Italian fare to Encino and Los Angeles, CA.
As we are committed to the highest quality of food and service, we are even more invested in the support and development of our amazing team. If you are interested in growing with us and celebrating community, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced line cook who can plan, prep and execute our exquisite menu for our wonderful clientele.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay negotiable based on your experience, along with free employee meals/employee discounts and a performance-based culture for promotions and compensation growth.
- Full time employees that consistently work 32+ hours weekly are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: medical, vision, and dental insurance, and more.
- Additional tip pool for Back of the House team.
- Continued education for the best in class culinary and wine knowledge.
- Every Monday and Tuesday off as restaurant is closed.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended.
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Attend employee meetings and communicate suggestions for improvement as needed.
- Understand and comply with Company Policies.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Kitchen Manager.
- Maintain positive co-worker and guest relations at all times.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and company standards.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs for the restaurant such as holidays and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned by Managers.
- At least 2 years of experience as a line cook in a fast-paced, restaurant kitchen required. Italian cooking experience preferred.
- Knife skills and basic cooking knowledge required, knife and tools will be provided by the restaurant.
- A strong belief in the art of hospitality and the desire to create meaningful guest experiences through high quality foods.
- Must have and maintain a valid Food Handler's certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.