Columbus' Original Street Pizza, Late Night Slice is casting for a General Manager. We're looking for spirited, energetic people who want to work hard, work together and always serve up experience. Do you have style and swagger? Do you want to work in an environment that values personality, independence, and individuality? We may be looking for you too. Read more below to see if you want to swipe us right!
We started out in Short North Arts District of Columbus, Ohio in 2009 with the goal of creating a different kind of pizza shop. Through our quirky personality, urban style and our crazy, progressive ideas like, every human should be treated equal, we've quickly risen to be one of Central Ohio's most recognized break-out brands.We follow a strict "no ceilings" policy, meaning you can start at the bottom and go as high as your little wings can carry you. No Restrictions. No limits. No judgement about your proper place. We take you for you. Our Culture is the most important thing to us at LNS and we choose team members very carefully. Hey, we don't want to work next to jerks either.Like everything at LNS, our benefits are our own and they go far beyond what's expected.
You can expect:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Training
- No Ceiling Policy
- Generous Work time Meal
- Awesome LNS Swag
- A Culture that Celebrates You! Come as You Are.
If you think everything you've just read sounds cool, and you can handle these requirements below, we should probably talk...
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a passion for food.
- Must be able to work late nights.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Can speak loud and clear in a bustling restaurant atmosphere.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Engage in friendly conversation with guests in line.
- Develop knowledge of all ingredients and menu items.
- Effectively handle any guest complaints or issues.
- Maintain a positive presence at all times while on the front line.
Late Night Slice has always been an Equal Opportunity Employer. We very much welcome and encourage minority and LGBTQ persons to apply. Send your completed resume and we'll hit you back!
Summary: Directs, coordinates, and participates in all aspects of Late Night Slice food and product through location, and all aspects of store maintenance. This includes, but is not limited to regular store cleanings, adherence to company established marketing initiatives, daily food preparation, sanitation maintenance of utensils and small wares, inspection and preventative maintenance of major and minor equipment, bar wares, collection of all monies, establishment and maintenance of work flow in all aspects of location with maximum efficiency, and leadership of subordinates. All established Late Night Slice processes in all matters are to be followed attentively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs any duty required of subordinates, as well as ability to train new hires in these duties.
- Communicates daily with Operations Manager via text and/or email to review shop needs, points of interests, guest and employee feedback, or any other pertinent information.
- Communicates regularly (weekly) with HR Admin on employee performance and discussions via email and/or text utilizing tools provided by HR Admin.
- Performs or coordinate regular cleaning and maintenance of kitchen wares and environment.
- Personally inspects cooking and refrigeration equipment for potential problems, and perform regular preventative maintenance.
- Effectively and efficiently orders all supplies and foodstuffs and alcohol orders required to serve customers and operate location, as well as maintenance of reasonable inventory on hand, as per Late Night Slice guidelines of a weekly 30% food cost, or better.
- Personally coordinates and collates all collection of monies and business records produced by self and subordinates through daily operation of location, using official Late Night Slice managerial processes.
- Transports money and official Late Night Slice documents from location to the direct possession of the Late Night Slice Administrative Manager.
- Maintains location workflow with consistent initiative to improve efficiency when possible.
- Ensures and maintains all Late Night Slice promotional materials are visible and up-to-date, including point-of-sale displays, banners, window and wall fixtures, employee recipe and informational postings, and menu addendums.
- Leads subordinates in all manners related to company operation at specific location.
- Creates and maintains employee schedules, posts one full week before schedule is dated to begin, conforming to Late Night Slice guidelines of a weekly 20% labor cost, or better.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Provides supervision to others through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
Maintains LNS standards and codes of conduct.
Schedules orders and completes inventory.
Provides timely reporting of location financials to upper management.
- Oversees customer service/pizza personnel.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Communication - Ability to communicate with customers, employees, management, and vendors. Conveys expectations to and provide concise and timely reporting.
Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
Work Quality - Directly responsible for quality control. Consistently achieves desired outcomes with a minimum of avoidable errors and problems.
Safety - Organizes and trains other in proper safety standards. Ensures practices are followed on a daily basis.
- Teamwork - Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals.
- Customer Service - The ability to satisfy the expectations and requirements of customers. Displays courtesy and sensitivity and responds promptly to service requests. Identifies customer needs and explains services clearly. Handles difficult situations.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Experience and Requirements:
High school diploma or GED certificate, college degree preferred but not required
Prior management experience preferred
Valid Drivers License
o Ability to drive company vehicles is contingent upon MVR review by company insurance
Food preparation experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, and climbing.
The employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures, and loud machinery or equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.