Maintenance - (Inventory Specialist) Operations and Maintenance Parts Coordinator
SolvChem, Inc. is seeking an experienced Inventory Specialist - Operations and Maintenance Parts Coordinator who provides operations coordination, management assistance, and other services for both Production Operations Department i.e.; Regional Operations Manager, Production Operations Manager, Plant Supervisor and the Maintenance Department with planning, preparing and maintaining related records, filing, reports, purchases, invoicing. This position is located at our plant in Pearland, Texas.
The Inventory Specialist - Operations and Maintenance Parts Coordinator will work directly under the Maintenance Manager to ensure that the Maintenance staff have all the tools and materials they need to accomplish their duties effectively. Is accountable for maintaining and controlling maintenance spare parts for the site; also, the day to day operations including stock availability, reserving, and pulling, kitting, and staging parts. Will also upkeep the facility maintenance schedule by tracking equipment usage cycles throughout the company and plan repairs to accommodate the production schedule.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Procure equipment and tools by obtaining quotes from multiple vendors to find the best prices
- Create a purchase list once maintenance team advises on the repair needs of the equipment
- Assist on the function of kitting of job materials requirements
- Acquire the equipment/tools and request payments out of the allocated budget
- Preparation of budgetary tracking and analysis
- Creation of stock reservation for planned work and ensure accuracy of parts issued.
- Perform inventory counts and audits and utilize CMMS system as the system of record.
- Update component tracking in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Support plant CMMS system from preventative maintenance and spare parts perspective by kitting required spare parts, reviewing safety stock to ensure sufficient inventory to support preventive maintenance activities, updating changes, and submitting reservations for parts used.
- Assist with the kitting and parts coordination of major focus plant and utility outages as well as long-term maintenance schedules.
- Support spare parts ordering and cost saving initiatives.
- Obtain work approvals to release parts ordered or reserved, as required.
- Create reservations and requisitions for parts, materials, services and special tools and equipment.
- Update the Bill of Materials (BOM) or Application Parts List (APL) and Work Packs.
- Organize and facilitate Parts Availability Review Meetings with key stakeholders, as required.
- Run and distribute Work Order Parts and Material Availability Reports, to relevant stakeholders.
- Receives parts, performs stocking duties while maintaining a clean and orderly shop.
- Provide emergency support for locating and ordering out of stock and / or obsolete critical parts.
- Prepare reports of purchases and forward them to Maintenance Manager
- Maintain a log of all procurements
- Organize third-party contractors for a variety of duties and confirm repair work is completed
- Communicate with various maintenance stakeholders in (and outside) the company
- Call in skilled technicians (electricians, mechanics, plumbers, etc.) for specific tasks
- Handles the maintenance budget and requisitions, completing work orders, making payments to maintenance service providers, etc.
- Coordinator aspect of the job applies to several common areas such as facilities management, building maintenance, general day maintenance, recordkeeping of equipment and supplies, and quality control as per the preventive maintenance program
- Coordinate between maintenance and operation staff for various tasks
- Develop and utilize maintenance plans
- Keep maintenance logs for minor equipment such as HVAC systems, light bulbs, basic electrical systems, etc.
- Purchase office supplies, cleaning supplies, tools, and working equipment for maintenance and operation staff.
- Ensure maintenance safety and quality control protocols are met
- Detailed job planning, researching, scoping of work
- Compile and record production data from customer orders, work tickets, and product specifications following prescribed recording procedures.
- By estimating the material and labor (internal and external), developing task instructions, Identifying tool and equipment requirements and developing Job Material lists
- PM and Standard Job Plan Development
- MRO (Maintenance Repair & Operations)
- Create and enter/process purchase requisitions and purchase orders (PO's) for planned and unplanned work
- Process all operations invoices by coding invoices and forwarding for approval.
- Coordinate between depts. Operations, purchasing, materials mgmt. maintenance personnel and maintenance management
- Reporting on completion of work, labor, costs, etc.
- Development of Planner reference system including file of Planned work, labor and material libraries and equipment information
- Keeps Operations and Maintenance Manager informed about critical situations and seeks advise on matters outside the Planner's knowledge and authority
- Identifies recommendations and or areas for improvements
- Working hand in hand with Maintenance Lead and Manager, conduct daily meetings between them, evaluate the work day and issues
- Maintains essential records and files which mgmt. reports are prepared and distributed
- Responsible for the BOM (Bill of Materials, Parts List) for equipment ensuring information is accurate
- Assist the Operations and Maintenance Manager in periodic analysis of cost trends of equipment with recommendations for improvements
- Reviews all work order feedback and Updates Preventive Maintenance frequency, task list, plans, etc.
- Assist on other assignments as needed, training, coaching, covering for Maintenance Lead when needed
- Maintains excellent communication and dialogue with sales, purchasing, customer service & the planning departments.
- Promote a safe working environment with exceptional leadership in all the company Environmental, Health and Safety Programs.
- This list is not all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the Logistics department. Will performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A vocational certificate with at least 3 years of maintenance experience a plus
- Associate's degree from an accredited program or a combination of equivalent education, maintenance, chemical, administration experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in a Maintenance environment required, chemical industry required
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in administratively supporting an Operations team required, chemical industry a plus.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working in a spare parts for a Maintenance Department, preferably within a chemical plant.
- Experience with enterprise business systems; CMMS, Maximo, Impluse, Chempax, SAP or related ERP systems preferred
- Attributes consistent with company culture; safety, customer service, integrity, continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management and the ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; self-starter that works well in a team environment
- Bilingual - Read, write, communicate (English/Spanish) preferred
- Required: Advanced Microsoft Office Programs i.e; Excel, Word
- Analytical aptitude, commitment to accuracy and quality, problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Efficiency, productivity, strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Time management, with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and effectively prioritize tasks
- Eagerness to learn new things and maintain a positive attitude toward changes and new challenges
- Openness to new responsibilities and willingness to shift focus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple tasks & assign right prioritization
- Proactive disposition with strong follow through skills
- Action oriented and proactive leader that identifies production vulnerabilities and tracks them to completion
- Knowledge of manufacturing policies and regulations established by SolvChem as well as government and other customers
- Position requires occasional long hours, work on the evenings, occasional weekends or holidays when needed.
- General office environment including; Stand, walk, sit, reach, stoop, and bend and use of hands to grasp, handle, pick up, and type.
SolvChem offers competitive wages and benefits. Salary range $55k to $59k depending on experience.
SolvChem is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. EOE.