From $14 an hour
Full-time & Part-time
Front Desk - Host - Job Overview - Hyatt Place -
Our Front Desk Hosts are responsible for making that first impactful impression when our guests walk into our hotel. They are warm, welcoming, and have a passion for engaging people in a friendly manner that create lasting relationships that bring guests back time and time again. They represent themselves in a relatable yet professional manner while interacting with guests, checking them in, listening to them, getting to know their preferences while staying with us and taking guest requests. They're always looking for opportunities to wow our guests and start their stay off feeling heard, welcome, and comfortable. Not only do our Front Desk Hosts check in our guests but they also are very clean and organized as they know the lobby area is the first physical impression. They help keep lobby furniture clean and aligned, with fluffed pillows and clean surfaces, they receive incoming phone calls, take requests from guests in-house and communicate those needs to the correct department, resolve guest issues that arise using professional manners, self-control, compassion and empathy, make/change/cancel reservations, keep the guest market stocked, receive incoming packages/orders, arrange shuttle transportation, drive the shuttle when needed, and assist in other areas of the hotel upon request. This job may also include food and beverage prepping and serving/stocking as well as helping out in the kitchen.
Job Expectations -
- A positive and excited attitude to take care of the guests, and your fellow employees
- A passion for hospitality
- Reliable and dependable
- Excellent communication Skills
- Able to hold conversations in English
- Enthusiasm to reach out and connect with guests
- Excellent time management in the fast-paced environment
- Commitment to problem solve, and focus on solutions
- Have a detailed eye for quality in presentation and cleanliness
- Supportively works with co-workers to create unity in a positive environment
- Understands that challenges are opportunities in disguise
- Works well in a changing environment
- Follows proper procedures for food handling and safety
- Follows all Sequoia Hospitality and Hyatt Place policies and procedures
- Works with integrity
- Provide a professional image every day wearing the proper uniform
Job Requirements -
- Must be 18 years or older, 21+ preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have the ability to bend, stoop and lift
- Must be on your feet the entire shift
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to provide documentation to work legally in the United States
- $14.00 an hour Starting Pay
- Full Time benefits include
- Paid Time Off for vacation or sick time
- All Employee receive double pay on Holidays
- Hotel Discounts available at Hyatt hotels worldwide
- Cross train and work towards a career in hospitality management
- Direct Deposit available
- 401 K
- Paid every two weeks
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Full Job Description
This hotel position that you are applying for is managed by Sequoia Hospitality.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
About Sequoia Hospitality -
We are a hotel management company that not only manages hotels but develops, designs, and builds them as well. You may work at a property that we've constructed from the ground up. With the experience of building hotels and managing them, we have the knowledge and vision for just what our staff and guests are looking for when experiencing a Sequoia property.
Although we have a significant amount of pride in the properties we build and/or manage, it will never replace the necessity to find the highest quality individuals to represent Sequoia and who we are. As a member of this team, you will be highly regarded for your customer service skills, your dedication to quality, and your uniqueness and authenticity that bring life, and synergy to this property. We believe you will find your new position rewarding, challenging, and meaningful. You will have countless opportunities to make a positive difference with your co-workers and guests each day. The impact of a smile or kind gesture to both guests and fellow employees alike can never be understated. We believe in an environment where we extend ourselves to help one another whether or not it is in our job description.
Being a part of Sequoia Hospitality you will find support you in your daily role, and we work to help you meet your professional goals, all while maintaining a work/life balance. We value you!
Together, we are strong and majestic like the Sequoia tree; standing out with beauty and a will to persevere through time; to leave an impression that generates positivity and growth.
We want your talents and strength at Sequoia Hospitality!
About Hyatt Place-
Hyatt Place is an upscale limited service hotel in beautiful Holladay, with stunning views, that aims to provide individual travelers with dedicated modern spaces for work, sleep and play. The 124 room property offers comforts of home thoughtfully designed around you with a flat panel HDTVs and free high-speed internet access. The public space features facilities such as a pool, a fitness center and a business center. Hyatt Place guests can dine anytime with 24/7 food service that includes a market, full breakfast, and a restaurant in the evening. Hyatt Place properties are located in urban, airport and suburban locations and can accommodate small corporate meetings and corporate clients seeking to place their employees in comfortable accommodations. Style, innovation and 24/7 convenience create a perfectly seamless stay.