- Read blue prints and routers per customer specs.
- Use measuring tools to measure all parts and correct tools to perform job tasks.
- Operate the following machines and processes:
Standard operating procedure for washing parts
Pencil grinder in order to de-burr edges
Use fixtures prior to gluing parts together
Apply Dichromate and various protective coatings (loctite, etc.)
Apply Chemfilm procedure
Strip old Anodize
Air spray gun in order to paint parts
Angle Grinder in order to polish parts
Install silicone rubber
- Remove dents from rebuilt parts.
- Must independently know how to complete paint and mask parts per customer specs.
- Check all de-burring work and sign off for final inspection.
- Clean and maintain work station and shop.
- Train level 1 & 2 employees with de-burring processes and machinery.
- Initiate in saving additional labor steps, above and beyond basic job functions.
- Skilled with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must read blue prints and routers.
- Effectively communicate in English; written, reading, and verbal skills.
- Flexible, eager to learn and willing to be crossed trained.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma and/or GED.
Exposed to manufacturing/machine shop/Aviation environments.
Precision measuring instruments, CMM, hydraulic and/or mechanical manufacturing equipment, various types of grinders, sanders, mills, lathes, hand air tools, misc measuring equipment, personal safety devices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds, frequently slide and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.