This position is to perform disposal processes needed or required to facilitate the accurate handling of all samples that have completed testing. The Disposal Technician maintains record integrity to ensure accurate and timely reporting to the appropriate person or agency. Additionally, the Disposal Technician may perform other duties requested by the Accessioning Supervisor. Minimal to moderate supervision is required. This is a safety sensitive position as defined by state and federal laws that will require working with hazardous materials and/or handling medicine. As a "safety sensitive" classification, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
- Disposes pharmaceutical samples sent to ARL Bio Pharma for testing by pharmacists and manufacturing companies. Determines the proper method of disposal based on the container and the substance and executes the proper disposal technique. Exercises caution through proper handling procedures of samples including containers, specimens and chain of custody when appropriate.
- The Disposal Technician records the disposal of samples according to prescribed policy. The time spent on disposal and the amount of material disposed are the metrics the position is responsible to maintain.
- Communicates with Accessioning Supervisor on disposal activity. Delivers records of disposal activity as required. Communicates with ARL Bio Pharma EH&S personnel to ensure timely removal of disposed samples.
- Basic ability to understand Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and other computer systems.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with all departmental personnel and clients when providing information.
- Ability to wear, maintain, and properly use appropriate safety equipment, including, but not limited to eye protection, gloves, and lab coat
- Adherence to all ARL Bio Pharma safety standards, policies, procedures, and protocols
- Ability to Work with Minimum Supervision.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Hazard Awareness.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office/laboratory environment. Attendance at the office is required. This role routinely uses small hand tools and some office equipment.
This is a moderately sedentary role; however, some filing, lifting and walking is required. This would require the ability to lift boxes, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Ability to have full body movement.
- Must have vision and hearing corrected to meet minimum acceptable norms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours are rotating and flexible. Monday through Friday during variable hours total 20 hours per week.
No travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma with some concurrent or past college course work.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 0-2 years of experience in related field/occupation.
ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Improper interference with the ability of ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.