Habitat for Humanity of Jacksonville, Inc. (HabiJax) is currently seeking a Construction Coordinator who has a heart for helping families and individuals in need of a hand up to build or improve a place they can call home. HabiJax is the local affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global nonprofit housing organization seeking to put God's love into action by bringing people together to build safe, affordable homes, communities and hope.
The Construction Coordinator provides administrative and field support to the HabiJax Construction department. The Construction Coordinator is responsible for designing and modifying site plans for new construction projects and completing paperwork related to residential house permitting. This position coordinates and manages HabiJax's online Process Management software and is responsible for obtaining and managing all construction project documentation and coordinating electricity and water service changes. This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to use professional values and ethics to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds, strong time management and organizational skills, and a commitment to HabiJax's mission, vision, and values.
This is a full-time position. The standard hours for this position are Monday through Friday 7am-4pm.
This position is based in our Main Office at 2404 Hubbard Street in Jacksonville, Florida.
The starting pay rate for this position is $15-$18 per hour commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and complete all city and county construction related activity including permitting, payments, etc.
- Design reports and templates for the HabiJax online process management software. Provide reports as needed to Construction Director related to construction progress.
- Utilize AutoCAD to help HabiJax effectively plan and design construction projects.
- Obtain and manage all construction project documentation including permitting information for new construction, rehabs, demolition, clearing, and septic work, surveys, engineering, deeds, various forms, and all other project related documentation.
- Create and distribute purchase orders to vendors using construction accounting software (Sage).
- Create, update and manage construction project files.
- Order changes to electricity and water services from JEA to and from property owners.
- Serve as the customer service point of contact for homeowner warranty calls.
- Provide administrative support to Construction department as needed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with department and HabiJax staff.
- Adhere to HabiJax and Construction department policies and procedures.
- Be aware of and advocate for the mission, vision, and values of HabiJax and Habitat for Humanity. Perform additional duties as required and directed.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Education, Experience, and Job Requirements:
- High School degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of administrative support experience required
- 1+ years of construction experience required
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office required
- Proficiency working with AutoCAD and Sage software strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively to meet established goals & deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Notary Public designation preferred
- Valid Driver's License insurable by HabiJax's insurance carrier
- Ability to successfully pass a background and drug screening
Essential Job Competencies:
- Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible; follows instructions, responds to management direction; keeps commitments; meets attendance and punctuality guidelines; responds to requests for service and assistance; takes responsibility for own actions; reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks, finishing assigned projects, meeting deadlines and appointments; is relied upon by others as a source for information and service
- Communicating Effectively - Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues; comprehends written material; presents information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand ideas; appropriately adapts message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Cooperates with team members to resolve problems and achieve goals; participates in the development of team goals and plans; supports team members by encouraging participation and listening to other's ideas; acknowledges other's skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and contributions; keeps team members abreast of individual progress; shares information; addresses conflicts within the group without the help from the team leader; makes contributions that are valued by team members
- Demonstrating Initiative - Proactively identifies ways to contribute to the organization's goals and mission; takes action on own to address problems and opportunities without being prompted; able to achieve results and resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked; demonstrates a sense of urgency, motivation, and tenacity in achieving objectives; pursues increased challenge and accountability in tasks; takes responsibility for personal development and the realization of objectives; remains determined in the face of obstacles or pressure
- Health Insurance - Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Accident/Critical Illness Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 50% match up to 6%
- Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick, and Holidays