$1,200.00 Signing Bonus
An experienced caregiver is needed on the evening shift (2:00 pm - 10:00 pm) at Franklin Park Sonterra.
Sonterra is a beautiful retirement community in Stone Oak, where assisted living is provided in a small-scale residential (not institutional) environment. The schedule for this position is 5 day schedule - to include weekends.
Assists residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): dining, dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting, and transfers and mobility. Facilitates their independence and/or participation to the extent of their abilities, and offers choice and control. Actively promotes resident engagement in hobbies and interests, and their participation in community programs and events.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides quality care and assistance to residents in accordance with the community's philosophy and policies and resident rights.
- Assists residents in meeting their physical, emotional and spiritual needs: engages residents in meaningful conversation during care, encourages them to develop relationships in the community and eat meals in the dining room and, and facilitates their participation in programs and social events.
- Provides scheduled care and ADL assistance to residents according to daily assignments. Assists them with dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting, transfers and mobility (ADLs) and chores to the extent specified in the service plan. May help residents onto and off of toilet, into and out of bed, and with personal hygiene including brushing hair and using soap and washcloth during showers. Practices proper body mechanics when lifting and transferring. Asks for assistance as needed and follows all safety guidelines.
- Notifies supervising nurse of any changes in resident's condition.
- Responds promptly in person to resident calls, assisting them as the situation requires.
- Checks residents every two (2) hours (or as otherwise scheduled) and documents special needs, services provided, and or changes in condition.
- Encourages residents to attend meals in the dining room through reminders and/or escort service as needed. Delivers room service meals as assigned, ensuring proper temperatures, and set up; returns to pick up dishware before end of shift. Assists residents with eating in ways that meet their individual needs and desires, recognizing changes in appetite and physical abilities to eat and drink.
- Assists with cleaning and setting the dining room as assigned.
- Assists with cleaning and tidying residents' rooms/apartments as assigned.
- Launders bed linens and/or residents' personal clothing as assigned. Removes and bags soiled bed linens and/or clothing as needed between assigned laundry/housekeeping days. Properly handles all such items, according to community policy and universal precautions.
- Disposes of all incontinent products according to OSHA regulations and community procedures.
- Responds to resident emergencies.
- Logs care provided on assignment sheets throughout shift, ensuring that forms are accurate and complete at the end of the shift.
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with residents and their families. Provides information and answers questions within the boundaries of HIPAA regulations regarding confidentiality of health and personal information.
- Resolves/rectifies service oversights when possible. Refers problems or policy questions to administration.
- Follows proper procedure for clocking in and out for shifts.
- Wears required uniform and name badge while on duty.
- Follows policy on signing equipment in and out, and uses assigned equipment properly as intended
- Attends required trainings and meetings.
- Becomes familiar and understands the steps for emergency response, including fire evacuation.
- All employees are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Has a passion to work with older adults
- Has a working knowledge of how dementia as well as normal aging can affect communication, behavior and physical abilities
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, associates, residents, family members, and outside contacts
- ls prompt, reliable and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must complete on-the-job training as assigned; certification as C.N.A. a plus
- 1 or more years' experience in senior care or nursing home environment preferred
- Stand, walk, sit, push, climb and/or balance, stoop, bend or kneel throughout the shift
- Use hands and fingers to perform fine motor movements including buttoning and zipping clothing
- Will assist in lifting and/or transferring residents weighing up to 250 pounds
- Close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision is required
- Exposure to infectious diseases, chemical substances, and unpleasant odors throughout the shift.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
Please apply directly to this job on our website using the link below or search for other opportunities available on our website.
Job link: https://franklin-companies.hiringthing.com/job/266961/driver-part-time-hiring-bonus
Careers website: https://franklin-companies.hiringthing.com/job/324668/caregiver-al-aides-shifts-2p-10p-signing-bonus