Job Title: Business Development Center Service Concierge
Department: Business Development Center
Reports to: BDC Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: None
Position Description: The Service BDC Representative coordinates and monitors the activity of the service department to ensure customer satisfaction. Schedules service appointments and follows up with customers. Must present a professional appearance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with incoming service phone calls.
- Set up, schedule and monitor service department appointments.
- Follow up and reschedule missed or late service department appointments.
- Make follow up phone calls to previous day service customers to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Discuss during customer follow up calls the importance of responding to CSI surveys.
- Bring all customer concerns and complaints to the attention of the Service Manager.
- Make follow up phone calls to current open recall customers.
- Make follow up phone calls to help reach our service retention numbers.
- Respond to all service internet leads and set up service department appointment accordingly.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Consults regularly with the BDC Director.
- Remains knowledgeable of new products, features, accessories, processes, etc.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
- Must use all company data bases and software according to company trained process and procedures.
- Answer inbound Service phone calls throughout the day & direct them to the advisors if necessary.
- Respond to any inbound web lead service requests throughout the day & schedule the appropriate appointments for each.
- Make a minimum of 50 outbound calls a day for open recalls, special order parts, retention lists, 1 st service or manifest lists.
- Have an average of 2 shown appointments per working day. These appointments need to be off of the open recall, special order parts, retention lists, 1 st service or manifest lists.
- Any opportunities when incoming calls are low, work on making outbound phone calls from the lists above.
- All outbound phone calls will be tracked using our phone portal.
- Help the Service Department check-in & move vehicles when the Service Drive is busy.
- Help dispatch & deliver vehicles for repairs on Internal Tickets.
- Turn in my call list & shown appointments daily to Marlen
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Call all shown appointments from previous day to ensure they had a good experience. If they had a negative experience, please email Marlen & the appropriate Service Manager.
- Call all missed appointments from previous day & try to reschedule them for another day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, potential and current clients, Ability to read, analyze and interpret written and verbal instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including writing grammatically correct emails and text messages. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Mathematical skills will be regularly required 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues. The above reasoning abilities will be regularly required 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday.
The employee must have excellent keyboarding skills. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an office work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. May require walking primarily on an unleveled surfaces for periodic periods throughout the day.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the job description does not constitute a written, or implied contract for employment. Martin Automotive Group/Glendora Chevrolet reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Martin Automotive Group/Glendora Chevrolet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Approved By: ____________________________ Date: _____________________
Reviewed By: Employee & Manager:
Name / Position