EUREKA MULTI-FAMILY GROUP does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Eureka Multifamily Group is currently seeking a Assistant Property Manager for our Lucero property located in Austin, TX. The Assistant Property Manager supports the daily operations of property management by performing administrative tasks, organizing property viewings, and handling resident relations. They are also responsible for inspecting property conditions and coordinating maintenance work. They help ensure that the property is effectively maintained within budgeted parameters and that the project stays in compliance with applicable regulations, including Section 42, HUD 4350, the property-specific LURA and/or any state and federal regulations governing the project.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
COMPLIANCE & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Ensure that property records are accurately maintained (lease and general files) and ensure that all lease files are maintained in a secured area and located behind two locked doors for security.
- Complete all required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inspect property regularly to ensure that it is well maintained and has good curb appeal.
- Lease to households that meet the assigned property's income restrictions, rental criteria and when applicable HUD guidelines.
- Ensure that all application paperwork is completed and complies with the requirements of the project's Program(s). All files require manager signature.
- Maintain all new lease and lease renewal practices according to HUD/CA/TC guidelines inclusive of the certification and verification process; Process annual re certification and tenant notification documentation at 120, 90, and 60-day increments; Process interims as required if assigned to a HUD governed property.
- Assist the Property Manager in audit preparations and ensure on-site compliance on all corrections.
- Handle record keeping and reporting responsibilities in accordance with HUD/TC/ADHP/HOME/Bond regulations
- Maintain waiting and transfer lists per HUD/CA/TC guidelines.
- Implement budget keeping expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- Collect rents and institute proper procedures against delinquent accounts.
- Initiate eviction procedures for those residents who fail to pay rent.
- Maintain accurate records of rent collections.
- Collect security deposits from residents and record date and time of collection.
- Calculate any escalation to be charged to residents or any other charges that are designated in the lease and report to them to the Property Manager.
- Recruit and hire an effective and qualified staff.
- Ensure that staff receives and completes all required company training requirements within the specified time frame and is following all company policies and procedures.
- Clarify expectations and establish goals for staff.
- Evaluate staff performance and give feedback regularly.
- Recognize superior performance and correct inferior performance.
- Achieve cooperation among staff and other departments while building trust and loyalty to the company.
- Work towards developing staff for upward mobility within the company.
- Collect, approve and forward time sheets on time each pay period.
- Ensures that lease files are complete and that all lease related documents are executed properly in accordance with their program requirements (HUD, LIHTC, Mod-Rehab, etc.)
- Preparing and scheduling property viewings, conducting property tours and interviewing prospective tenants.
- Processing applications, conducting credit checks, and negotiating contracts.
- Ensure that residents are happy and satisfied as indicated by a high level of renewals and few complaints.
- Addressing and resolving residents' questions, concerns, and complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist new residents moving in by notifying them of community procedures, parking, hours, night access, mail, etc.
- Ensure that residents are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained home.
- Maintaining organized and updated resident files and records.
- Reporting any problems or issues to the property manager.
- Maintain work orders on all maintenance requests and respond to those requests within 24 hours.
- Ensures each property is maintained to EMG standards. Inspecting property conditions and coordinating maintenance activities.
- Creating and distributing marketing materials to attract new tenants.
- Lease or help lease the property to prospective residents.
- Negotiate new leases and renewals per specifications of the property manager.
- Comply with standards for affirmative marketing, including proper completion and maintenance of the Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan (HUD 935.2).
- Reports all liability and property incidents to the Property Manager immediately.
- Complies with Safety guidelines outlined by Property Management.
- Strong knowledge of HUD policies as well as Project Based Section 8 rules and regulations for Project-Based Affordable Housing; Strong knowledge of Tax Credit/AHDP/HOME/Bond policies for Tax Credit/AHDP/HOME/Bond properties.
- Previous experience in property management or real estate.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Bookkeeping experience.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in business, management or real estate preferred.
- At least 1 year of affordable housing property management experience including HUD and project based section 8.
- bilingual is a must for this location.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee normally works primarily in a temperature-controlled indoor environment but may occasionally work in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.