Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a key member of the accounting team whose primary responsibilities will be full-charge Accounts Payable and Payroll Administration. This individual will also support month-end reporting activities and special projects as assigned by management. The ideal candidate is an experienced accounting specialist with a strong work ethic, and a go getter that thrives in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. The AP Specialist reports directly to the Accounting Manager with a dotted-line to the VP of Finance. This position is located in Pompano Beach, Florida and requires full in-office attendance.
This role is responsible for:
Accounts Payable & Accounting Support
- Review and audit all payables for accuracy and proper documentation prior to payment
- Verify calculations on Purchasing and Sample Supplier invoices, post to purchasing spreadsheet and initiate wire payments
- Review and prepare monthly AMEX spreadsheet, create PDFs of invoices and backup to be sent to management for approval. Process and post payments.
- Receive expense reports, match up receipts and verify accuracy, post to Travel Expense Log and Trade Show log, where applicable
- Set up new vendor accounts and assign corresponding G/L account.
- Process A/P checks for other entities
- Filing and organization of all documentation including A/P & Purchasing invoices
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and follow up on billing information
- Process Posipay to CASHPRO for checks issued
Payroll - Administration & Reconciliation
- Prepare and administer Bi-weekly payroll through - PEO (Co-Advantage experience a plus)
- Administer Employee attendance management - TLM
- HR back up for new hires, terminations, review of employee documents and preparation of folders
- Oversee Payroll reconciliation and proper recording in system
- Process payroll and issue checks for Contract Labor using Kronos - TLM
Real Estate Accounting Management
- Monthly billing to tenants for rent & utilities
- Deposit checks twice a month
- Manage all collection activity and monthly reporting to owners
- Property Management - address repair & maintenance issues with tenants
- Resolve permits, summons and violations
- Insurance Compliance, contact tenants and follow up
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years bookkeeping experience
- 3+ years of proficiency in accounting software
- Proficient in QuickBooks, strong Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter possessing time management skills
- Capable of thinking independently and arriving at creative solutions
- Deadline driven, with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Company paid holidays and vacation
- Profit sharing program
- Advancement opportunities
We encourage qualified candidates to apply and join our growing team!
Since 1991, Spring Footwear has made a difference in the lives of consumers who have depended on our brands to deliver comfort and style. Product innovation, quality, value and flexibility are the cornerstones that contribute to our success. This all leads to our mission:
To develop successful partnerships by creating and delivering the best quality, value, product and service every day!
Spring Footwear Corp. is an EEO employer, all employment is contingent upon a successful drug and background screening, as applicable to the job specifications. We administer the Florida Drug Free Workplace program, and as such, employees may be subject to reasonable suspicion drug tests, as ascribed by the Florida law.